Monday, December 5, 2011

post for 12/5/11

All we did last week was present web 2.0 projects and podcasts, so they was really any new material to discuss for this journal. However, we did have our lesson plan assignment due today so that will be the focus of today's blog. For my assignment, I created a lesson about the French-Indian War and the British laws that were enforced after the war. The way that I choose to utilize technology in my lesson was by having the students complete an online scavenger hunt. This is a good alternative from the regular classrooms that our digital native students will likely enjoy. However, one of the main points about this assignment was that we write a plan that accommodates a student with some kind of disability. For this assignment, I wrote about a student who had visual impairment (if I remember correctly, the actual term is hyperopic- which is the inability to see things close up). To Accommodate for this student, I choose to use the computer magnifying program that we talked about last week, as well a dictation program so the student can talk his way into doing his work instead of struggling to read the keys on the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment